1. The Labyrinth of Representation: Structures, Systems, and Institutions
2. Voting Rights and Political Representation in Constitutional Law: The Primacy of Individualism
3. Beyond Individualism: The Group Right to Representation
4. Group Theory and the Pluralist Challenge to Representation
5. The Quest for Representation in a Pluralist Democracy: Group-Centered Representation (or the Neopluralist Response)
6. Party Subsystems as a Response to the Neopluralist Argument
7. The Law of Reapportionment: Party-Poor Theories of Representation
8. Parties and State Regulation of Access to Elections: Association Without Organization
9. Party and Patronage: Organizational Glue, Payment for Services, or Graft?
10. A "New and Improved" Theory of Representation: Institutionalized "Conflicts of Interest"
The Attitudinal Environment
Survey Questionnaire and Statistical Tallies
Group Typologies and the Challenges of Implementation